Wednesday, May 29, 2013

High school Advice

I think that the most important advice about school my parents have ever given me is to always try your hardest. My mom especially is very big on always getting good grades and achieving your goals. She has always pushes me to do my best in school and i think that it's a lot because she knows how it is to not try your hardest.
         My mom dropped out of high school when she was fifteen. Not because she thought it suited her situation best, but because she has no determination to put all of her effort into it. I think that's why she wants my brother and i to do well. Because she wants the best for us and she knows how it is to have the worst. I think it's really important to do well in school. And i'm sure the rest of you agree with that, but i still fell like i should remind myself and others just how vital it is to our future. I'm constantly thinking about where my next move will put me. Where it will set me in my future. And i don't just try hard to do well for only my benefit, but also because i owe it to the teachers as well. I know this isn't a post meant for this topic, but it's really fitting the situation. Teachers are her out of choice. They CHOSE the job of coming here every morning and putting their best effort to teach us. It's not just the teachers that ask from you, they have to try also.
        So on that note, don't sit in class the whole period and do nothing. Don't come home from school and sit on the couch or hang out  with friends when you know you have homework, don't go through all of school "not caring". Be better than that and put forth all you have. You get one chance to do it the right way, so don't screw it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment